My current (12/01/2017) resume in PDF format
Stephen Myers - Resume (20171201).pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [638.3 KB]
A leader in cross-functional program management and pre/post sales support providing expertise in creation and management of effective readiness programs, improving the effectiveness of sales and partner programs, and generating sustainable revenue contributions.
Partner Program Design & Management – Product/Project/Program Management – Event Organization & Oversight - Sales Force Empowerment – Training & Development – Strategic Planning – SFDC Reporting – M&A Activity/Integration
• Grew PROS Sales live training programs by 300%, delivered 2000+ elearning classes.
• Designed and implemented SalesPRO and Sales College programs (SAVO/Cornerstone)
• Grew VMware’s partner technical certification performance 1,377%, partner competency attainment 111%, and sales/pre-sales accreditation 127% in fiscal year 2012.
• Managed the Red Hat global partner enablement program, created the partner certification program, and directed the implementation of a new learning management system.
• Directed the sales and technical enablement programs for HP Software's global partner ecosystem, representing over $500M in license revenue and over $1B in services.
• Delivered primary technical expertise in pre- and post-sales for a new HP venture federal sales program that generated $15M in new revenue for the organization.
• Created the global presales engineering and education programs for ICC and the Unisys-focused activities for DCA and Attachmate.
PROS (Orlando, FL) 2013-Present
PROS helps companies of all types realize their maximum revenue and profits. .
Manager, Global Sales Productivity
Create, develop and manage the global training programs for the PROS sales ecosystem, including all LOB (internal, field, and partner organizations). The productivity program supports YOY organic growth of 22+% in 2015.
Lead implementation of content/knowledge systems, learning management systems, instructor-led and virtual training environments; supporting sales, marketing, professional services, and product development
Manage global sales events including sales kickoff, on-boarding, and salesforce development programs.
Served as Product Marketing Manager for Sales Effectiveness product line for launch in 2013/2014.
Administrator for SalesPRO (SAVO), SalesHood, and Sales College LMS (Cornerstone for Salesforce).
Provide primary and secondary support for the PROS Salesforce.com instance
VMware (Mason, OH) 2011-2013
VMware is the industry leader in virtualization and Cloud infrastructure. VMware is a $4.6B provider of infrastructure & management software and Cloud computing.
Manager - Americas Partner Enablement/Partner Programs (2011-Present)
Develop and manage the value-added reseller enablement program within the Americas region. The VMware Americas VAR community is responsible for $350M+/year in revenues and the enablement program is responsible for ensuring that partners are ready to insure 20% growth annually. Represent global partner program to geographic partners and partner support ecosystem.
Lead successful implementation of partner enablement programs by working with various internal teams and outside vendors to meet assigned objectives.Grew partner technical certification performance by 1377%, partner competency attainment by 111%, and sales and presales accreditation by 127% in FY2012
- Implement VAR enablement training activities for events such as Quarterly Partner Briefs, VMworld, Partner Exchange, product launches, and continuing education. QPB satisfaction up 20% over 2011.
- Direct individual program budgets including request, PO and authorization to release funds.
- Created (with outside vendor) a new training program that provided 16 selected partners and 23 attendees at VMware Partner Exchange with hands-on experience of a newly released product, months before the formal training program was released. The 16 partners selected were among the highest revenue partners for that product for the year.
- Provide leadership for the America's partner program (VMware Partner Network) including; developing membership and program requirements, implementing program changes, and managing membership and pricing exceptions, etc.
RED HAT (Raleigh, NC) 2009-2011
Red Hat is an Open Source technology company. Red Hat is a $1B provider of infrastructure, middleware, and management software.
Senior Manager - Global Partner Enablement (2009-2011)
Directed the partner sales training and certification programs for Red Hat's Channel & Alliance Partners. Responsible for strategic program design and tactical delivery models in multiple global operating regions.
- Managed outside vendor in the development process to scope, create, and deliver a methodology for developing channel account managers in both instructor-led and eLearning environments.
- Designed, developed and released new role-based sales and technical training modules as well as certification exams to meet corporate requirements.
- Led the selection and implementation process for the acquisition of a new partner-centric learning management system built on SalesForce.com and linked into Red Hat’s partner portal.
HEWLETT-PACKARD (Cincinnati, OH) 1998-2009
HP is a technology company that offers one of the most comprehensive hardware, software and services portfolios in the industry. HP Software is a $3.5B provider of management software solutions. I joined HP as a result of two acquisitions – Bluestone Software in 2000 and Mercury Interactive in 2006.
Senior Manager - Global Partner Enablement (2004 - 2009)
Transformed and directed the partner sales and technical training and certification programs for HP Software’s Channel & Alliance Partners. Training activities included: classroom, virtual classroom, event-based, and computer & web-based instruction Responsible for strategic and tactical program design in multiple global operating regions.
- Transformed partner enablement from overhead to cost-neutral program by providing increased/enhanced services while sharing costs within the partner community.
- Led change model as services transitioned from primarily instructor-led to self-service model.
- Created and managed technical training programs for global events such as HP Software Universe, PE Galaxy, and APJ Bootcamp – exceeding all assigned goals and metrics.
- Developed scalable training model that utilizes all HP training resources including external teams.
- Developed certification model for partner product specialists (sales and technical).
- Managed partner training program as it grew from 400 students in 2004 to 16000+ in 2008.
- Increased partner satisfaction metrics by 25% from 2006 to 2008.
Worldwide Partner Presales Readiness Manager (2002-2004)
Developed and managed a global program designed to provide product knowledge and demonstration capabilities for 150,000 certified HP professionals and partner presales resources and leverage them as active evangelists for HP products, services and solutions. The primary areas of focus were HP Software and HP ProCurve networking products.
- Created and developed a presales professional handbook detailing access and contacts for HP’s partner community programs.
- Developed partner presales programs to generate increased partner participation.
Sales Engineering Manager/Lead Solutions Architect (1998-2002)
Managed the Channels and North American middleware presales teams delivering RFI/RFP responses, system demonstrations, proof-of-concept installations, technical presentations and expertise to overcome customer technical objections to proposed solutions. As a TSI-cleared professional, provided primary presales support for HP Software efforts within the Department of Defense and intelligence communities.
- Created technical programs (partner recruiting/training/readiness), and led the technical team to deliver $10 million in independent revenue.
- Managed a presales team that delivered consistent results that allowed the Americas region team to generate 40% growth.
- Provided the primary technical skills (presales, post-sales, and consulting) in a new venture federal sales program that generated $15 million in new revenue for the organization.
- Provided direct technical account management for 3 of 4 largest HP middleware sales deals globally in 2001 - worth $26.2 million in software and services.
- Created and managed the Sales Operations engineering function to provide HQ services for field engineering teams.
- Provided technical expertise for licensing, legal, pricing, and marketing teams.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Computer/Management Science Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Public Speaking and Human Relations Dale Carnegie and Associates
IT Service Management EXIN International
Lean Sigma Hewlett-Packard
Foundational Certificate in IT Service Management itSMF
Accredited Sales Professional – HP Strategic Software/HP Application Software/HP Operations Software
Accredited Integration Specialist – Business Availability Center v8 Hewlett-Packard
Accredited Integration Specialist – SiteScope v9 Hewlett-Packard
Red Hat Certified Sales Professional